In Colombia millions of dogs and cats are unprotected.
Despite there is a strong regulation that punishes abuse and cruelty towards domestic animals, the reality is that the law enforcement is difficult and sometimes impossible to apply.
Companion animals are victims of torture, mutilation, poisonings and other types of violence in Colombia.
What do we want to achieve?
- Mandatory national identification and registration of companion animals
- Compliance with current regulations
- Strong educative campaigns
- Protection of cats and dogs during breeding and sale
- Humane stray animal population management
- Strong support to animal rescuers and local shelters
We need your help to improve the living conditions of companion animals. Are you are interested in participating or supporting the endeavor of this working group?