Associate Partner (Focus on Project Management / EN)
SOS Animals Overview
SOS Animals Colombia is policy-oriented non-profit-organisation that gathers eight animal welfare and vegan organisations based in Colombia… and we are growing! The organisation supports the work and activities the NGOs and other stakeholders are doing to improve the living conditions of animals in Colombia.
SOS Animals Colombia seeks to create an national and international network of animal welfare advocates. It aims at potentialising the work of NGOs, activists, politicians and research centers from Colombia, looking at specifically establishing links among them and with well-known international animal welfare and environmental organisations.
Please, visit who we are for more information.
Associate Partner (voluntary-basis position)
SOS Animals Associate Partner with focus on project management is a horizontal position responsible for a range of activities including project development, administration, monitoring and evaluation, as well as providing support to partners and members.
The Associate Partner also assists in developing the public affairs strategy, including stakeholders mapping. It is expected to also support the development of SOS Animals’ fundraising strategy, preparing proposals, handle grant and funding processes, write progress reports, and assist with other organisational priorities.
The position is based out of her/his home office anywhere in Europe, ideally in Belgium.
- Identify grants and funding opportunities
- Lead grant processes
- Handle the day-to-day activities (send emails, schedule meetings, desk research)
- Coordinate public affairs meetings with members
- Support the fundraising strategy
In addition to these responsibilities he/she is also involved in performing other duties which are as follows:
- He/she should keep him/herself updated with the work of the different working groups
Bachelor’s degree ideally in administration, management, finances, economy or other related fields.
- Interest in animal welfare
- He/she should share the organisation’s values
- Project management or finances background
- A hands-on professional with strong leadership skills
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Excellent at prioritising tasks, time management and organisational skills
- Should have an ability to lead a team, give instructions and encourage colleagues
Desired for the role
- Fluent in French or Dutch is a plus
- Experience managing grants
- Knowledge of Spanish or other EU languages
- Experience working in the animal welfare sector
- Entrepreneurial skills
What we offer
As a SOS Animals Associate Partner you will have the opportunity to:
- Become an animal defender and be part of a team of animal welfare advocates
- Impact the work that NGOs are doing to protect biodiversity in Latin America
- Organise your agenda and schedule as you wish
- Free time to develop your creative mind
- Have your ideas implemented in the core organisation’s strategy
- Be in contact in a daily basis with Colombian NGOs and stakeholders and expand your animal welfare networking
- Learn more about other areas such as law, agriculture, trade and climate
Please note that a monthly salary will be allocated for this position pending available funding.
Are you interested?
Please send your CV in English and your cover letter in Spanish to email@example.com
We are evaluating applications on rolling basis so please send your application as soon as possible.