Associate Partner (Focus on Law and Public Policy / EN & ES)
SOS Animals Overview
SOS Animals Colombia is policy-oriented non-profit-organisation that gathers eight animal welfare and vegan organisations based in Colombia… and we are growing! The organisation supports the work and activities the NGOs and other stakeholders are doing to improve the living conditions of animals in Colombia.
SOS Animals Colombia seeks to create an national and international network of animal welfare advocates. It aims at potentialising the work of NGOs, activists, politicians and research centers from Colombia, looking at specifically establishing links among them and with well-known international animal welfare and environmental organisations.
Please, visit who we are for more information.
Associate Partner (voluntary-basis position)
SOS Animals Associate Partner with focus on law and public policy is horizontal position responsible for a range of activities including project development, monitoring, and evaluation, as well as providing support to Partners and Members.
The Associate Partner also leads, with the director, the development of the political agenda, including mapping relevant Colombian and international stakeholders. It is expected, the associated partner reviews current legislation and horizon scans public policy in the sector, beside assisting with other organisational priorities.
The position is based out of her/his home office in Colombia or anywhere in Europe.
- To handle the day-to-day activities (send emails, research, schedule meeting)
- To coordinate the organisation of working groups
- To participate in weekly meetings with members and maintain the confidentiality of the members’ information
- To maintain professional relationship with the members and resolve their legal queries at the earliest
In addition to these responsibilities he/she is also involved in performing other duties which are as follows:
- He/she draft important correspondence
- He/she organises and schedules internal and external meetings
- He/she should keep him/herself updated with the work of the different working groups
- He/she should be able to identify new members and partners
- He/she should be able to support the fundraising strategy
Bachelor’s degree or other studies ideally in law, political science, international relations, public policy or other related fields.
- Interest in animal welfare
- He/she should share the organisation’s values
- Exceptional communication and networking skills
- A hands-on professional with strong leadership skills
- Fluent in Spanish and English, written and spoken
- Excellent at prioritising tasks, time management and organisational skills
- Should have an ability to lead a team, supervise, given instructions and encourage colleagues
- He/she is expected to mediate when there are disagreements between members and find consensus
Desired for the role
- Knowledge of animal law or willing to learn
- Fluent in French and/or Dutch
- Other EU languages are a plus
- Experience working in the animal welfare sector
- Entrepreneurial skills
What we offer
As a SOS Animals Associate Partner you will have the opportunity to:
- Become an animal defender and be part of a team of animal welfare advocates
- Impact the work that NGOs are doing to protect biodiversity in Latin America
- Have your ideas implemented in the core organisation’s strategy
- Manage your schedule as you wish
- Be in contact in a daily basis with Colombian NGOs and international stakeholders and expand your animal welfare networking
- Learn more about other sectors such as agriculture, consumers behaviors, trade and climate
Please note that a monthly salary will be allocated for this position pending available funding.
Are you interested?
Please send your CV in English and your cover letter in Spanish to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are evaluating applications on rolling basis so please send your application as soon as possible.